Saturday, October 6, 2012

From Teacher to Student



Recently I was asked by one of my professors to present a paper I wrote for his class last school year. It was a research paper on Heitor Villa-Lobos and his influence on music education in Brazil. I was honored to be a featured speaker at my university's Brazil Music Day and had a blast. It was a bit intimidating to be speaking about Brazil with Brazilians in the audience but turns out we had plenty to teach each other. Here is what I wore, both in the morning to teach and in the afternoon to speak.  I chose green as my accent color in honor of Brazil. One quick wardrobe change later, I went from teacher to student. This could also be a office to dinner with friends/day to night look.  I love these types of versatile looks that can work for so many occasions!
Jacket: Forever 21, Belt: Vintage-my grandmother's, Shirt: Kohl's, Cropped Pants: New York & Company-from a friend, Shoes: Old Navy, Watch: Target, Necklace: From my friend Liz. It's from Africa and she bought it in Portland, Oregon. 

1 comment: