Monday, October 22, 2012

From Fashionista to Farm Girl

As much as I love embracing my urban side and dressing to the nines, it's nice to just throw on some  flannel and fleece once in a while!  Here are two occasions requiring two very different outfits.


For church this weekend I wanted something comfortable, modest since I was up front playing piano, and also able to keep me warm on my way to church but not be hot after church. This worked perfectly.
Scarf: Gift (from Target), Shirt: Gap, Skirt & Belt: Kohl's, Tights: JC Penney, Shoes: TJ Maxx
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently, my brother was home from college and we took the chance to have some fall fun at the local corn maze and pumpkin patch. It was the perfect day. The pictures speak for themselves.


Picture clockwise from top right: Entrance to corn maze, flannel-clad siblings in the corn maze, free pumpkins upon completing the corn maze, DUCK RACES! You haven't lived until you've had to pump water and propel rubber duckies down a track. Quite the rush.


Jeans: Arizona from JC Penney, Flannel Shirt: Vintage from either my mom or dad? Not sure. :-) Fleece Jacket: Thrift Store, Shoes: Timberland, Purse: Thrift Store


This year I've been learning that simple ways are sometimes the most rewarding. The trip to the pumpkin patch was no exception. Yes, folks, heaven does exist. It's called Shenandoah Valley in the fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment