Sunday, October 21, 2012

All Aboard the Autumn Train



Fall is my favorite season with spring as a close second. I love the transitional seasons when change is in the air. Somehow this fall, I've found myself doing very traditional "old-school" activities: riding a train, going on a hay ride, wandering through a corn maze, visiting a pumpkin patch, baking from scratch, throwing a party complete with a backyard campfire. Over the next few posts you will get a glimpse of each...and the style to match.

In September, my parents and I took a scenic train ride aboard the Potomac Eagle in Romney, West Virginia. The colors weren't quite out but it was beautiful nevertheless. There were closed cars with traditional seating and an open air "gondola" car to get a 360 view of the scenery. Shown above is a little store that we stopped at on our way home. It was the quintessential country store and felt like a museum (which made it easier NOT to buy anything!)


This purple shirt is one I like to save for family outings. It's cute, comfortable, and yet modest. I bought it (and one in turquoise) at JC Penney over a year ago. The jeans are GLO from Kohls. Shoes are my trusted Sperry Topsiders (I've had them since high school!). The brown leather purse was a 50 cents thrift store find and the scarf is from Plato's Closet. The bracelets are special-one is from Bead for Life and the other is made from Acai beads and was a gift from a student. The chambray shirt actually doubles as a jacket. It is my mom's from the 70s! The picture doesn't do it justice so more on this piece in upcoming posts. 






No comments:

Post a Comment