Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break, a Birthday, & Luck of the Irish


This week was full of things to look forward to: the school I spend most of my time teaching at went on spring break, I had a birthday, and it was St. Patrick’s Day.  Even though I’m not Irish, my name is Irish, I love and enjoy playing Irish music, and happen to look good in green, making St. Patrick’s Day extra fun.  My family and I took off to my grandmother’s for a few days and had a jolly good time. Mom surprised me with a delicious (and festive) red velvet cake and some red TOMS shoes too. They really are as comfortable as all the groupies say they are. (Yes, I realize I am now a TOMS groupie.) Today's photos were all taken at my grandmother's house. It is a beautiful spot full of great memories. So here's to life in the late 20s. Cheers!



 
Shirt: Gap, Jeans: JC Penney, Shoes: TOMS, Headband & Watch: Target
This is what I wore for lunch and shopping with my mom and cousin. I saw LOTS of beautiful clothes but remained true to my vow and left the store empty handed. I kept the clothes dark so I could use color in the shoes and headband. While I'm not a fan of this spring's color blocking trend I do enjoy mixing contrasting colors from time to time. 

Shirt: Ross, Belt: Kohl's, Skirt: Been so long I can't recall, Shoes: Old Navy
This is what I wore to church on St. Patrick's Day. I highly recommend having dressy flats. For once I could perform and not think about my feet. 

Blazer: Can't remember, Dress: JC Penney, Shoes: Rack Room Shoes, Pin: Vintage
This was an outfit I tried on for fun. I'm trying to plan ahead....I need outfits in the works for mornings when I freak out and have "nothing to wear." This is my favorite summer dress and the blazer gives it a classy touch and keeps me from getting chilled by cool spring breezes...which I'm sure will come when Mother Nature realizes it's not summer yet.


1 comment:

  1. woww beautiful outfit!! i am impressed with your blog ^^ keep up the good work!come visit my blog and i think we should follow each other!! ^^

    ReplyDelete