Friday, March 2, 2012

Back to the Ward!

I have a story with a picture to match.  But before I divulge here is one of my recent ensembles to prove to you that I am capable of looking like something other than a deranged lunatic.

(Please forgive the quality of the photos.  My camera is not fancy but it is paid for.  Hopefully the quality will improve as I continue to experiment with photo editing.) 



Cardigan: Old Navy
Camisole: Hand-me-down from a friend (She bought it at a boutique in Chicago)
Belt: Vintage (From my Grandmother)
Skirt: Old Navy
Tights: Don't remember
Boots: Macy’s











En route to a recent birthday party I was forced to walk through a Lord & Taylor store, which was apparently the only way to reach the restaurant.  It was too much…I started croaking (literally) “Shoes……..dresses……..hats……….SCARVES!”  My friends channeled their inner bouncer and firmly guided me past the temptations. Here’s the kicker to my sad story: I startled the guy ahead of me with my proclamations of longing. He literally jumped and started looking around to see where the strange croaking noise was coming from. Once he spotted me the laughter began. His face then twisted up into something horrible and he croaked right back at me “SCAAAARRRRVES!”


Slightly humiliating. 

In honor of my brother who arrived home from college today on spring break, here is a photograph from Christmas which illustrates what it might be like if I was to go in another mall. My brothers lovingly captioned it “Back to the ward!!!” I caption it “SCAAARRRRVES!!!”


2 comments:

  1. HAHA! Love that last picture especially your expression! .-_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green belt. A little color can go a long way!

    ReplyDelete