Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kelly's Kloset: My new favorite store

Here are a few wardrobe attempts I'm willing to share.  Sure it's easy to throw on a dress shirt and black pants for work or a t-shirt and jeans for play, but I'm trying to be creative so I feel like I have a new wardrobe when in reality....well let's not talk about ten months to go.  Anyway, my closet apparently has some fun (if not successful) combinations in stock.

I won’t be listing prices of clothes as I usually can’t remember but I can tell you I don’t usually spend a ton on clothes/shoes.  The most expensive item you will most likely see in these pictures are my leather boots from Macy’s. They were originally $160, on sale for $90 and I had a $50 gift card. Booyah.

Dress: Hand-me-down from a friend, Shirt: Gap, Belt: TJ Maxx, Tights: JC Penney, Shoes: Target
This is my first “sweater dress” and I’m having fun experimenting with various combos. I layered a shirt underneath but on warmer days I can nix the shirt and wear calf-length leggings for a whole different look.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarf: Gift from Mom, Shirt: American Eagle, Cardigan: Old Navy, Belt: Gift from Mom, Pants: Belk, Shoes: Thrift Store
I’ve never had the nerve to mix a fitted t-shirt with dressy pants but was inspired by a fellow blogger.  I’m still not sure if it was a success but it was fun anyway and upped my music teacher dork status.  My favorite part of this ensemble are the Oxford-like shoes, which I paid 25 cents for at a thrift store.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarf: Thrift Store, Shirt: Hand-me-down, Belt: Hand-me-down, Pants: Kohls, Skirt: JC Penney
Flats: Target, Boots: Macys

Today’s post wouldn’t be complete without some bohemian/hippy attire.  :-)



1 comment: