Sunday, June 10, 2012

These Pradas were meant for walking...

.....down memory lane. This weekend I received my very first pair of Prada shoes from a dear friend. She received them as a gift but unfortunately they did not fit. One girl's misfortune is another girl's lucky day and I am extremely grateful for her thoughtfulness. I'm a bit over the moon about it so to debut these fantastic shoes, I decided to pull out some vintage dresses compliments of my mother and grandmother.

The navy dress is one of my favorites of my grandmother. Her waist was ridiculously small so I have to be careful with my breathing. :-)























The second dress is a conductor's dream. If I ever do a 1940s/1950s themed concert, I am definitely wearing this!  Love the sheer material in the front for a sexy retro feel.

Continuing below:
My mother went to a private boarding academy in the 1970s and this was her class dress that she wore graduation weekend. I love how the vintage flower print is set against mint which is very trendy right now.
Lastly is a dress my mother wore as a newlywed in southern California circa 1980. I like how this dress could be worn with flip-flops at the beach or with these heels for something fancier. I tinted the left photo to look like pictures in my mom's old photo albums. :-)







2 comments:

  1. I get hard seeing beautiful women in dresses, just jacked off to these pics

    ReplyDelete